One of my favorite things about being a blogger is the freedom over my contents and photography, i am a massive believer in good photography and one thing that grabs my attention on my favorite blogs is bright and vibrant colours in their photos.
As an artist colour has always played an important part in my life, be it in a painting or having bright colour items in my studio for inspiration. I always find something more appealing if it has a pop of colour.
Colour is a wonderful thing, make the most of it, in these winter months its hard to find moments with a lot of colour especially with all these grey skies and wet spells. You can find colour simply if you start to keep you eye out for it. I was wandering along on my winter walk the other day with my brother when I spotted the Yellow padlock and it really made me smile the combination of the yellow on Turquoise really cheered me up, passers by were giving me rather odd looks but who cares about them hey! Prepare for odd looks if you want to create different content and photos!
I have a few ideas and tips on finding your colourful foot steps..
- When taking an outfit photo try and find a colourful back drop maybe a nice wall of graffiti, a colourful front door or a shop.
- Buy yourself so lovely props (cheap is good, tiger is a great shop for it), maybe some flowers (Columbia road goodness!)or colourful paint that you can dot about in patterns.
- Wear an item of clothing that is colourful, a scarf a pair of red shoes or a bright nail polish, it always adds a bit of fun to a photo.
- Buildings are beautiful especially when they have lovely tiles, look for old buildings (east london have some lovely old structures, old tiles, feet shots of tiles hello insta favorites)
- Taking the time to find something beautiful like a colourful door, or a bunch of flowers will brighten up anyone's day give it a go!