My beautiful Nephew turned a year old two weeks ago and he has been the best addition to the family, it's such a wonderful thing getting to see this tiny human grow and discover the world.
- Being an Auntie means doing fun stuff and making a mess without worrying too much.
- I have learned that I am definitely not ready to have one of my own.
- When they learn your name and come for cuddles its the best thing in the world
- An extra chocolate biscuit wont hurt
- Making the little lump laugh becomes my main mission when he's around
- Getting to hand them back when they're crying is the best feeling
- You become less squeamish around excrement
- Selfies are the best when they feature him
- cooing and ahhing when you aren't around him and in adult conversation sounds a tad odd.
- It's the best excuse to hunt down cute onesies, booties and toys.
So all in all being an Auntie is just the best thing thats happened to me in a long time.