If anyone follows me on Instagram will have noticed I have had a few bouts of anxious moments god knows where its come from but I am slowly doing a few things a day to make myself happier and more grounded.
I thought I would share with you my five favourite things to do to bring a little more joy to my day.
1. Go for a walk. It's as simple as that, take yourself outside even when its chilly being out in the fresh air really does help lighten your mood, 30 minutes of walking a day as proven wonders for my mental health.
2. Have a break every 45 minutes, breaking your day down makes you more productive, gives you a chance to refocus what you are doing and calm you a little.
3. Compliment someone, everyone likes to be told they look nice, simple things you could say to a stranger on a train that you like their scarf or a work friend that you enjoy their company little mood boosters like that can make everyone smile.
4. Have a cuppa. If your thing is coffee have a coffee if its tea grab a nice hot brew, simple things like boiling the kettle and waiting gives you time to think and enjoy the process of making your drink just those five minutes can be calming.
5. Meditate. I have headspace on my phone and do occasionally forget to use it, it's a great app and takes you through step by step ways to meditate. You can also just do some simple breathing techniques of inhaling and exhaling calmly counting to 10 and just repeating.
So there are a few of my favourite ways to calm myself and bring some simple joy to a busy life. Would love to hear some of the things you do to cheer yourself up and calm yourself down.