A few Tuesdays ago, me and the little brother took the Oxford tube from Hillingdon station for a little adventure. It was lovely and warm perfect day to take a wander around one of my favourite cities. If you have never been to Oxford, well I suggest you visit there is so much history in the beautiful city. my favourite place to go for a drink and food is the famous the Turf Tavern, (off an alley by the bridge of sighs)I had the jalapeno bean burger which is amazing, but maybe not the best to eat on one of the hottest days of the year. As you walk down the alley to the Turf tavern there is a blue plaque dedicated to Jane Burden who was William Morris’s wife and pre-raphite muse, I think my outfit that I wore ( i believe my cotton cardi was handmade in william morris fabric) was well matched and a lover of both morris and the pre-raphilites made me feel at home. Its probably the only other city in the country that I could see myself living.
I love going on day trips with Saul , he makes the best day trip companion because he is hilarious and likes to eat like i do. When taking outfit photos he pulled the best faces, which resulted in plenty of out takes. Oxford would seem to be the best place to take outfit photos, so many colourful walls and pretty settings, excuse the same outfits snapped in front of different walls.
We wandered around the city for a few hours, taking in the sites and eating ice cream and cookies. There are so many beautiful things to see and do in oxford I thought I would share my top 10.
Here are my top things ten to do in Oxford
1. Covered market is the best place to get local produce and fresh british meat and at christmas its has the most beautiful Dickensian atmosphere.
2. I do love the oxfam second hand book store, they have some really variety of books.
3. The new gallery and shop at the old fire station in oxford has which hold lovely hand-made items by different illustrators and creatives as well as a gallery.
4. I have never been into any of the university’s or colleges but they look intriguing and beautiful.
6. Oxford castle have great walk around guides very spooky and a great fun thing to do.
7. Favourite pubs in Oxford
8. The botanical gardens in oxford are lovely for a wander, entries is a few pounds but it is really worth the the money the floral displays are beautiful.
9. The Carfax tower has amazing views from the top and on the main high street and is great if you love your history.
I will be creating a wonderful set of illustrated maps of my favourite adventures soon excited to share them with you.