Now you are probably thinking this is a bit of an odd blog post from someone who has recently been emotionally suffering a lot be it a break up, bullying or being with the one person I want to but cant. You can become submerged into these negative thoughts and you can loose the path you were once on with stress and upset, but with a few tweaks the path can be re-found. I really wanted to write a more upbeat blog post then my tweets have been recently. It is always nice to look forward and think positively were ever possible believe me I know more then anyone somedays your can’t see the wood for the trees. But little by little try one positive thing a day. These are the things I am going to be working on in the coming week and try and focus more on these things.
1. The days when I am feeling the most isolated and alone are normally the days when I segregate myself on purpose away from other people so I find to stay positive to spend my time with someone who makes me laugh
2. Make lists, lists are always the best way for me to re-arrange my brain and write positive things down, Bee is a wonderful believe in this and she share hers on her blog Vivatramp. Her latest blog post is just beautiful she really is one of my favourite humans she is my positive rock when i am down she is always there find someone when you need the help that is there to hear you when you think no one else wants to. Bee also has a list of 100 ways to cure Melancholy
3. Appreciate the little things, it sounds really silly but if I take joy in the little things sometimes the large things that affect me become smaller if i can cope knowing that something little has made my day. It can be anything walking to work and appreciating the clouds, trees or taking 10 minutes out of your day to people watch i do love to people watch and appreciate that moment. Take the time to smile once a day even when you really can’t muster it i find taking a moment to watch a funny youtube video can make you smile, in can create positive thoughts.
4. Emerge yourself in a new project i often find my negative thoughts multiply when i over think and the negative thoughts become bigger and double. I’m not saying lie your way out of your feelings just focus all those negative things into something good.
5. Tidy room, tidy mind. I often find this can evoke a simple flow of positivity if I know that the space I am working in, its also really lovely when you have nice things around you that make you thinking of happy things.