+01 i have been away for the longest time ever, i think its the longest i have been away from the blogging world since i started. So i guess i should tell people what i have been upto. Well i have now finished my degree 🙂 nearly a week ago now and i have just been doing what ever it is i want to do which is mainly shopping, painting and sunbathing.
I had a tonne of prep work to dow hich resulted in 28 sketchbooks/folders 3 portfolios so i have had soo much to do and the i had to create the degree show which was a long long week of painting and prep work but all is well now.
I bought my graduation dress aswell a vintage 1970’s wrap over dress its the best dress i haev ever seen i bought it from two little birds with a wonderous 10% discount for being friends. I had the very stressful choice of two dresses to choose from an i had my boyfriend intoe which was perfect because he is always up front with what he thinks so we both picked the the elegant dress instead of as he put it the dress that looks like i am taking a child to a party dress. but i was naughty and went back yesterday and bought the 2nd dress.
For finishing my degree my dad put some money in my account so i could buy some new watercolour paints you would not believe how excited i was. So i popped down to trago the very same day and bought myself a new set 🙂
+02 So yesterday i decided to make red velvet cupcakes, but when i got to the shops they didnt have red food colouring so i made it with raspberries, and i have to admit they were rather tasty 🙂 i love baking sooo much it is the only thing im actually good when it comes to being in the kitchen. Here are some pictures. I dont actually have any pictures of the final cakes because they got eaten sooo quickly, but imagine what they look like. They were really rich chocolate but the colour wasnt soooo red but they were delicious. Here is the recipe.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 fluid ounce red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 125g cream cheese
- 300g icing sugar
- 60g unsalted soft butter (room tempreture)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two 12 cup muffin pans or line with 20 paper baking cups.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Mix in the eggs, buttermilk, red food coloring and vanilla. Stir in the baking soda and vinegar. Combine the flour, cocoa powder and salt; stir into the batter just until blended. Spoon the batter into the prepared cups, dividing evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the tops spring back when lightly pressed, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in the pan set over a wire rack. When cool, arrange the cupcakes on a serving platter.
- I made the frosting from 125g of cream cheese mixed in with 300g icing sugar and the mix in with 60g soft un-salted butter mix together until soft put in the fridge for 10 minutes and then frost the top of the cakes.